15 Reasons to attend Probation
PROBATION FIRST TIMERS
Well as you are attending Probation you probably think “what’s the point!!!” so here are fifteen good reasons probation is worth your time:
1. At probation groups you will be with other females, and although you may be strangers at first you have some other women’s support from the beginning.
2. There are professionals who attend the group equipped to help with other users, surrounding offending such as housing, employment and counselling etc.
3. The programme run at the groups is varied and it allows access to fire safety tips, healthy eating tips and stress busting tips.
4. If you have children, crèche is available (it’s nice to be alone sometimes) so you can have a little respite.
5. There are staff willing to help if you need to talk.
6. It’s women only and us women do love our tea so hey, you can have a cuppa.
7. You can voice your opinions, the rule goes “what’s at probation stays at probation.”
8. Benefits advice is obtainable if asked for.
9. Empower attend. They are a support agency specialising in employment support.
10. You are treated with respect no matter what your background or offence.
11. There is the added benefit of a notice board with trips/clubs.
12. Your probation officer will give you feedback on your progress.
13. E-Factor attend some sessions with helpful info about self-employment.
14. Probation offers a structure or pivotal point in your week.
15. Probation is probation. accept it and work to better yourself. If you do what have you got to lose?